QA Tester (Contract)
if(we), formerly known as Tagged Inc., is a company building social products to enable meaningful connections between people. We’re a profitable startup growing our existing successful products, Tagged & hi5, and building new social products on mobile and other key platforms. We're constantly exploring new ideas and technologies to build the next massive social product and realize our mission of connecting people.
Created by the team that brought Tagged to the world in 2004, if(we) was founded in 2014. if(we) was launched to build off of Tagged’s earlier experiences and success, tap the market growth and create the next billion user social product.
About the QA Team
QA’s main role at if(we) is to be the owners of quality efforts. Working to provide assistance on this quality effort, QA ensures an excellent user experience which is also definable and highly visible. Internally, QA provides tools and training to speed up and support the development process in order to deliver output that is 'on quality'. Overall, QA engages itself in planning and actions with the eventual goal of complete continuous deployment models.
About the Job
Ensuring that our users have an awesome user experience requires attention to quality. To make this happen, if(we) is looking for a detail-oriented test professional. The Test Engineer's role is to understand how something works in a detailed manner and then to work with others to write test cases for the features. A large emphasis will be placed on testing the new features and functionality, simulating user experience scenarios, and performing regression testing on existing features. To compliment testing, the candidate will also file defects, verify resolved defects, and create reports as part of testing cycles. Utilizing several tools and existing automation, the Test Engineer will help increase the confidence that our users will have a great experience.
- Design and maintain test cases and test plans by understanding product requirements, sample mock ups, use-case work flows, and prototypes
- Work closely with developers, team leads, other QA members, and product owners/managers to gain a better understanding of feature functionality, project status, and deadlines
- Execute manual and automated test plans, summarize results, and report status back to stakeholders
- Understand and analyze automation test case results and identify common errors
- Attend stand-ups (and other team meetings) in order to become intimately aware of upcoming features and changes by proactively working with product owners/managers
- Work collaboratively within a team demonstrating strong teamwork
- Strong work ethics
- 4+ years relevant work experience in a Quality Assurance related role
- Passion for social networking and social discovery tools
- Understanding of QA concepts and testing methodologies
- Strong English communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively report, communicate, and prioritize bugs to various team members using defect reporting tools
- Experience in testing on most commonly used web and mobile platforms and exposure to debugging tools
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong aptitude (and appetite!) for learning new technologies
Nice to Have
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant technology certification
- Exposure to executing automation tests and understanding common errors
- Ability to setup and connect to VM environments for use in testing
- Basic SQL knowledge to develop and/or run simple database queries
- Experience with using Continuous Integration tools to configure and run automation jobs
- Phenomenal organizational skills
- Experience with using web analysis tools (Chrome Developer Tools, Web Developer Toolbar, etc)