Senior Android Software Engineer
if(we), formerly known as Tagged Inc., is a company building social products to enable meaningful connections between people. We’re a profitable startup growing our existing successful products, Tagged & hi5, and building new social products on mobile and other key platforms. We're constantly exploring new ideas and technologies to build the next massive social product and realize our mission of connecting people.
Created by the team that brought Tagged to the world in 2004, if(we) was founded in 2014. if(we) was launched to build off of Tagged’s earlier experiences and success, tap the market growth and create the next billion user social product.
About the Mobile Team
On the if(we) mobile team we build and ship product for millions of users every day. We’re always trying out the newest technologies and constantly iterate to make things better. Our team values autonomy, but also knows collaboration is a must. We’re looking for bright young minds that are enthusiastic about mobile development to help shape the future of mobile at if(we). When we’re not in the office, you can find us partaking in our weekly pho/ramen rituals or dressing up for “Fancy Fridays.” Tuxedo t-shirts, anyone?
About the Job
As a member of the Android Team, you will be working with Product, Design and Q&A in order to help create a new high quality and highly engaging applications for Android. You will help influence product and design decisions in order to make an amazing and engaging experience for Android users by Android users. We build in an efficient modular way and look for any opportunity to contribute to Open Source. We use unit tests in order to have a high level of confidence in our code and acceptance tests to quickly re-enact a real users experience. And we are looking for you to take us to the next level.
- Implement and maintain an Android app used by millions daily
- Implement beautiful user interfaces with nice visual effects
- Rapidly create prototypes, synthesize feedback and develop a production quality application
- Help product enhance and optimize product specs
- Keep the team up to date with cutting edge libraries and best practices
- BS in CS or related field
- 3+ Years of recent Android development experience
- 3+ Years of experience using Java, Android SDK, design patterns
- 2+ years of version control experience: GIT and/or SVN
- At least 1 published application in play store
- Comfortable designing multithreaded implementations
Nice to have
- 1 Year of experience with a scripting language (python, PHP, ruby, etc.)
- 1 Year of experience working in/on the server side
- Familiarity with Android Studio, Gradle