Senior Data Engineer
if(we) is now The Meet Group.
As our Senior Data Engineer you will lead complex data projects with a focus on collecting, parsing, handling, analyzing, and visualizing very large sets of data, both structured and unstructured. Likewise, you should be able to decide on the needed hardware and software design needs and act according to those decisions. You will also provide architectural mentorship, and work with our Data Scientists, to ensure data is available in a consistent, timely, and reliable manner. An ideal Senior Data Engineer at The Meet Group would be pragmatic with a background in automation and large-scale data handling for production environment.
- Become part of the team responsible for capturing all data streams into our cloud stack based on open source technologies including RabbitMQ, Kinesis Firehose, AWS EMR, AWS S3, AWS Redshift, Spark, and Kafka
- Improve on the current data processing pipelines to support and scale beyond the 500GB/day of streaming data
- You will provide architectural guidance on complex components
- You will identify, prototype, and evangelize new and relevant technologies for the engineering and data science team
- You will influence discussions around data-related tools, standards, and methodologies
- You will work with Data Scientists to ensure data availability for analysis, tune query performance and Data Science tool integration approaches
- 4+ years of software development and architecture experience in data storage or ETL pipeline
- You are proficient with modern data processing tools, such as Hadoop, Spark, SparkSQL, Spark Streaming, Cassandra, HBase, Hive, Pig, etc.
- You understand Amazon Redshift administration, data partitioning and query mechanisms
- You have in depth experience with Amazon Web Services, such as EC2, EMR, Redshift, etc.
- You understand the security model in a public cloud environment.
About The Meet Group
The Meet Group, Inc. | NASDAQ: MEET | As the leading social network for meeting new people in the US, and the public market leader for social discovery, our mission is to improve our members’ lives by introducing them to fun and interesting people who share their passions, interests, and ideals. The Meet Group's products include MeetMe, Skout, Tagged, hi5, and WeChill. We are HQ in New Hope, PA and have additional offices in Philadelphia and San Francisco.
The Meet Group is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
#v041117 ifwe meetme skout ind123