Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
if(we), formerly known as Tagged Inc., is a company building social products to enable meaningful connections between people. We’re a profitable startup growing our existing successful products, Tagged & hi5, and building new social products on mobile and other key platforms. We're constantly exploring new ideas and technologies to build the next massive social product and realize our mission of connecting people.
Created by the team that brought Tagged to the world in 2004, if(we) was founded in 2014. if(we) was launched to build off of Tagged’s earlier experiences and success, tap the market growth and create the next billion user social product.
About the QA Engineering Team
QA’s main role at if(we) is to be the owners of quality efforts. Working to provide assistance on this quality effort, QA ensures an excellent user experience which is also definable and highly visible. Internally, QA provides tools and training to speed up and support the development process in order to deliver output that is 'on quality'. Overall, QA engages itself in planning and actions with the eventual goal of complete continuous deployment models.
About the Job
Ensuring that if(we)'s products delight our customers demands high quality features. Automation testing is key to long term maintainability, so candidates need to have solid experience developing automated tests. Creativity is the key to our success as we work together to continually find new ways to improve our quality and put our 300+ million customers first!
- Create and maintain automation tests that will enable a better user experience to millions of visitors to one of the largest social discovery websites as well as emerging new mobile products
- Work to minimize manual testing by identifying high-ROI test cases and automating them
- Be an integrated part of an Agile engineering team, working interactively with software engineers, testing engineers and product managers from the beginning of the development cycle
- Help ensure functionality delivered in each sprint is tested as features are delivered
- Utilize automation wherever possible; supplement with manual testing, if needed.
- Manage multiple priorities and tasks in a dynamic work environment
The SDET's role is to understand how something works in a detailed manner and then work with others (including QA Analysts) to develop tests against it. You will work interactively with software developers to ensure that testability is not an afterthought.
- Strong aptitude (and appetite!) for learning new technologies
- BS/MS in CS or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of hands-on practical experience in developing web and/or mobile automation
- Working knowledge of Selenium and Appium
- Experience in automation of Android and iOS applications
- Experience developing automated tests that integrate into existing testing frameworks
- Good understanding of Agile/Scrum processes and experience participating in an agile team
- Ability to analyze code from other team members and suggest improvements
- Adept at writing test cases and writing high quality, easily reproduced issue reports
- Practical experience using source code control systems, especially Git
- Extensive experience with QA processes
Nice to Haves
- Experience using Atlassian JIRA and Stash a big plus
- Experience with continuous integration tools, particularly Jenkins
- Working knowledge of using virtual machine environments
- Exposure to and understanding of XML, JSON, HTML, CSS, and PHP
- Experience working with relational databases and working knowledge of SQL