Senior Software Engineer II (Platform)
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer II - Platform
Location: 848 Battery Street, San Francisco, CA 94111
if(we), formerly known as Tagged Inc., is a company building social products to enable meaningful connections between people. We’re a profitable startup growing our existing successful products, Tagged & hi5, and building new social products on mobile and other key platforms. We're constantly exploring new ideas and technologies to build the next massive social product and realize our mission of connecting people.
Created by the team that brought Tagged to the world in 2004, if(we) was founded in 2014. if(we) was launched to build off of Tagged’s earlier experiences and success, tap the market growth and create the next billion user social product.
(1) Build new functionality and integrating the latest libraries into our PHP framework; (2) Develop efficient web services and APIs; (3) Participate in daily code deploys while working on individual or team projects; and (4) Take ideas and concepts from the business and turn them into tangible components of the site.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a closely-related field (or foreign equivalent), plus 5 years of experience in the job offered or a Software Engineering occupation.
Experience must include:
- 5 years developing scalable software.
- 5 years of experience developing Object-Oriented software with at least one of these languages: PHP, Java, Python, C++.
- 5 years of experience implementing and working with 3rd-party REST or SOAP APIs, such as those from Facebook, Google, or PayPal.
- 3 years of experience working with relational databases, such as: Oracle, MySQL, Postgres.
- 3 years of experience working with no-SQL engines, such as: Redis, Cassandra, MongoDB or Memcache.
- 3 years of experience working with indexing search engines, such as: Solr, Sphinx, Lucene.
- 3 years of experience working with network protocols over TCP/UDP such as: HTTP, SSL, Hessian.
- 3 years of experience with monitoring tools such as: Kibana, ElasticSearch, Ganglia, NewRelic.
- 3 years of experience with version control softwauch as: git, svn.
Employment and background checks required.