Software Engineer (Anti-Spam)
if(we), formerly known as Tagged Inc., is a company building social products to enable meaningful connections between people. We’re a profitable startup growing our existing successful products, Tagged & hi5, and building new social products on mobile and other key platforms. We're constantly exploring new ideas and technologies to build the next massive social product and realize our mission of connecting people.
Created by the team that brought Tagged to the world in 2004, if(we) was founded in 2014. if(we) was launched to build off of Tagged’s earlier experiences and success, tap the market growth and create the next billion user social product.
- Design, implement and release new methods of detecting spam and preventing it from reaching millions of users daily.
- Maintain the health and scalability of our infrastructure while you continually make changes and track more data.
- Analyze production data to investigate new spam trends or verify changes.
- Build and modify tools used by yourself and the rest of the team.
- Respond to off-hours issues when necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Your sense of curiosity and passion for data helps you make informed decisions.
- 3+ years of experience programming in Java or Scala.
- 3+ years of experience working with SQL.
- 2+ years of experience using either Git or Mercurial.
- Most comfortable working in a Unix-based environment.
- Very comfortable communicating and collaborating in English.
- Experience using build tools like Maven and SBT.
- Experience working with Storm, Spark Streaming, or similar technologies.
- Experience with other common open-source technologies like Memcached, Kafka, Redis, and Solr.